The first call within the Active Citizens – Regional Fund Program was launched on March 17 at 12:00. The deadline for submitting proposals is May 17, 12.00 (noon) CET.
We invite non-governmental organizations, which independently or in partnership prepare a project in one of the three areas of the Program. The organizations may also additionally apply for support for the development and capacity building of their organization.
Applicants, i.e. entities that can apply independently or be leaders of partnerships applying for grants, may be:
- associations, foundations and unions of associations;
- social cooperatives;
- non-profit companies;
- rural housewives’ clubs;
- faith-based organizations, provided the objectives listed in their memorandums of association include public benefit activity, they are registered with the National Court Register (KRS) and they may incur liabilities on their own behalf.
Applications will only be accepted via the Electronic Grant Application and Management System (EGAMS), available at: https://generator.aktywniobywatele-regionalny.org.pl/
Call for proposals: 1st call for thematic projects
The Operator of the Active Citizens Fund – Regional programme, i.e. the consortium made up of the Foundation in Support for Local Democracy (leader), the Education for Democracy Foundation, and the Information Society Development Foundation, issues the first call for thematic projects. The Active Citizens Fund – Regional Programme is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants.
The total allocation earmarked for grants in the first call is EUR 11,955,000, with the following amounts allotted to particular support areas:
- Area 1. Human rights protection (including gender equality): EUR 2,850,000,
- Area 2. Promoting social diversity and preventing exclusion: EUR 2,950,000,
- Area 3. Building democratic culture and civic engagement at local level (including activism for environment and climate change): EUR 4,155,000,
- Area 4. Supporting the development of civic sector (implemented as module in Area 1–3 projects): EUR 2,000,000.
There are two types of grants available in the call for proposals: small grants and large grants.
- minimum grant amount: EUR 6,000,
- maximum grant amount: EUR 23,000,
- implementation period: 6 to 18 months,
- co-financing: optional,
- for organisations which have been operating for at least 6 months (as at the date of call announcement, i.e. 17 March 2021),
- it is required to have at least one person with experience in the selected support area on the project implementation team,
- Applicants may apply for additional funding towards bilateral cooperation with Donor State entities: up to 15% of the basic grant amount (up to EUR 3,450),
- Applicants may apply for additional funding towards capacity building: up to 22% of the basic grant amount (up to EUR 5,060).
- minimum grant amount: EUR 23,001,
- maximum grant amount: EUR 84,000,
- implementation period: 12 to 24 months,
- co-financing: optional,
- for organisations which have been operating for at least 12 months (as at the date of call announcement, i.e. 17 March 2021),
- Applicants must demonstrate experience in implementing at least 3 projects in a selected support area in the last three years (completed projects and – in the case of grant-funded projects – settled by the date of call announcement, i.e. 17 March 2021),
- Applicants may apply for additional funding towards bilateral cooperation with Donor State entities: up to 15% of the basic grant amount (up to EUR 12,600),
- Applicants may apply for additional funding towards capacity building: up to 22% of the basic grant amount (up to EUR 18,480).
The Operator reserves the right to reallocate funds between calls and years of Programme implementation.
- from 12.00 (noon) CET on 17 March 2021 to 12.00 (noon) CET on 17 May 2021.
Announcement of call results:
- administrative and eligibility evaluation of applications: by 11 June 2021,
- content-related evaluation of applications: by 30 September 2021.
Attachments (in Polish unless stated otherwise):
1. Manual for Applicants and Project Promoters of Active Citizens – Regional Fund. Calls for thematic projects. Part 1: Conditions for participation in calls for proposals and rules for projects implementation (corrected, April 2021) – PDF