Bilateral and regional initiatives
The call for proposals for bilateral and regional initiatives was launched on 23 January 2023. Under the call, civil society organisations can obtain funding for the implementation of international initiatives for the exchange of knowledge and experience. The call is organised by the Operators of the two Active Citizens Programmes: the Active Citizens Fund-National and the Active Citizens Fund-Regional.
We invite Polish civil society organizations to submit proposals for bilateral or regional initiatives aimed at knowledge and experience/know-how sharing, prepared in partnerships with entities from Donor States, Beneficiary States or Ukraine. The applications can be submitted until April 30th, 2023.
The mechanism of support for bilateral and regional initiatives is organized in cooperation by the Active Citizens Fund-National and the Active Citizens Fund-Regional operating in Poland. Application processes and funding of the bilateral and regional initiatives under this mechanism are implemented separately by Fund Operators of the respective Programmes.
The mechanism is aimed at supporting know-how/experience exchange that can take the following forms:
- internship (a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work related to a civil society organisation’s interest),
- job-shadowing (a professional learning experience that offers the observing of a person at work by someone who is interested in a similar career/position),
- other forms of know-how/experience exchange such as study trips, training (for both teams), mentoring etc.
Who can apply?
Funding under this mechanism is available for NGOs that are established and registered in Poland, and:
- in case of ACF-Regional: are eligible for Active Citizens Fund – Regional grants and do take at least some of their statutory actions related to the goals of the ACF Programme outside of the city of Warsaw,
- in case of ACF-National: are already project promoters (have been awarded at least one grant or are partners of project promoters) under the ACF-National Programme.
An application must obligatorily include a partnership with at least one entity from a Donor State (Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway), another Beneficiary State eligible for EEA and Norway Grants (Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia), or Ukraine.
What can be funded?
The funding of the initiative can amount up to 6 000 EUR for a bilateral initiative (with at least one partner from one of the Donor States) and 5000 EUR for a regional initiative.
Funding rate may constitute up to 100% of eligible expenses.
The initiative (including preparation and evaluation) may last from 1 to 6 months.
All activities should terminate no later than 30 April, 2024.
In case of initiatives including internship/job-shadowing the practical learning mobility element of the initiative could last from 5 up to 10 working days for the visit in the hosting organisation.
The activities within the initiative may take place in Poland, in any of the Donor States, in any of the Beneficiary States of the EEA and Norway Grants or in Ukraine.
Read the full invitation to apply (in English)
Download the application form
Contact for inquiries
Should you have any questions about the mechanism and/or application procedure, please contact:
- for Active Citizens Fund – National: Anna Fedas (email@example.com, +48 791 413 200),
- for Active Citizens Fund – Regional: Ewa Stokłuska (firstname.lastname@example.org, +48 720 801 013).