On September 1st, 2020 we signed the programme implementation agreement for Active Citizens Fund – Regional with the Financial Mechanism Office in Brussels. The Programme’s budget is 23 mln EUR.
The Active Citizens Fund – Regional Programme is financed by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway within grants EOG.
Our objective is to strengthen the sustainability of civil society organisations in Poland (especially those active in smaller towns and villages) and foster civil society with diversity, equal treatment and dialogue at its core.
Under the programme, CSOs will be able to apply for project funding in the following areas:
- Human rights protection (including gender equality issues).
- Promoting social diversity and preventing exclusion.
- Building democratic culture and civic engagement at local level (including environmental protection issues).
- Supporting the development of civic sector.
In addition to calls for proposals, the Programme will also offer capacity-building activities for people active in the civic sector. These activities will focus on such topics as:
- Management and strategic planning.
- Leadership and teambuilding.
- Diversification of funding sources and sustainability building.
- Communication and outreach activities.
- Inclusive language and preventing discrimination.
The Active Citizens Fund – Regional is one of two programmes providing support to CSOs in Poland under EEA grants. The sister Active Citizens Fund – National Programme, with a budget of 30 mln EUR, is implemented by a consortium of three organisations: the Stefan Batory Foundation (leader), the “Shipyard” Centre for Social Innovation and Research Foundation, and the Academy of Civic Organizations Foundation.